Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rosemary for remembrance~



wellnessinspired



"There's rosemary; that's for remembrance
Pray, love, remember."
~Shakespeare, Hamlet


Rosemary has been a symbol of remembrance since ancient times. It's been used as a symbol at weddings, funerals, and other ceremonial gatherings. It's been a symbol of love and promise, not to forget memories of those deceased and the influence they've had on our lives. For me rosemary is my husband's thanksgiving turkeys, health, gardens and yes, remembrance. I especially remember my sister in law and friend today, who died one year ago. I 'm taken back to the  Christmas I gave her a cookbook, called "Stop and Smell the Rosemary." I wrapped the book and attached a sprig of rosemary to the bow. It looked so pretty and smelled wonderful. I can still envision her holding the sprig to her nose and saying how good it smelled. So, today I will have some rosemary, enjoy it's aroma~ in remembrance of her kindness and loving influence she had on our lives.~



wellnessinspired

Some health facts about rosemary

Rosemary has neuroprotective qualities
Carnosic acid in rosemary is being studied for extraction to be utilized to treat diseases such as Parkinson's, ALS, and Alzheimer's  (medscape)
The diffusion of rosemary in the work place has helped improve the quality of memory function  in office workers  (NIH)
The essential oil of rosemary is antiseptic, enhances mental clarity and supports nerves and endocrine balance.

Remember to take time to stop and smell the rosemary~~



I think she would have liked this...a little twist on her mozzarella, basil, tomato salad
Just made this today, so we'll have for dinner   






No comments:

Post a Comment