Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"Heart and Soul"



Since February is heart health month, I wanted my first post to reflect this. I want to honor heart health month with a few reflections.....
We all have an injured heart in one way or another. For some of us we have experienced the "heartache" from the loss of a loved one, a "broken heart" from a failed romance, or even the physical pain from a "heart attack." You may hear someone say they are"heartsick" over something that went wrong. Our emotions are deeply connected to our heart, and the cells in our heart are responding to what we say and what we feel. Our heart is a magical resilient organ with amazing healing capacity. It does the most physical work of any other organ in our body during our lifetime! Through a life changing cardiac event, I have come to deeply appreciate my heart and all it does for me. Treat your heart well and it will respond lovingly. Thank your heart everyday, it's listening!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this reminder to appreciate my heart, Debbie. I'm looking forward to following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, Debbie. And congrats on your new blog!

    ReplyDelete